Man jailed for trespassing, molesting 16-year-old
New Delhi: A man, who had trespassed the house of his physically challenged neighbour in the wee hours and molested his minor daughter while she was sleeping, has been sentenced to two-year imprisonment by a Delhi court.
"Convict Pradeep Kumar committed house trespass in the dead of the night in the house of the his neighbour for assaulting the minor, and outraged her modesty," Metropolitan Magistrate Ekta Gauba said while handing down the jail term and also a fine of Rs 5,000.
The court denied Kumar`s plea for release on probation, saying he "did not deserve it" as "offence against women are on rise in the city, and it is a serious public order problem if the women are not safe in their own houses in the night."
30-year-old Kumar, a resident of west Delhi and a plumber by profession, was caught by victim`s mother and her physically challenged father while he was trying to flee after molesting the minor.
He was convicted for trespassing his neighbour`s house to assault the girl and for outraging her modesty.
The girl`s mother in her complaint to the police had said that on October 07, 2011, she and her family were sleeping in the same room when they were woken up by screams of their 16-year-old daughter and saw a scantily-clad Kumar trying to flee from the balcony. She said she and her husband managed to nab Kumar and reported the matter to the police.
The victim told the court that on the night of the incident, while she was in a deep sleep, she felt someone touching her indecently.
She said when she woke up, she saw Kumar misbehaving with her and screamed at which he ran towards balcony but was nabbed by her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital