Man suffocates wife to death at Noida hotel
Noida: A 24-year-old woman was murdered allegedly by her husband in Radisson Hotel here, police said on Saturday.
Akansha Khosla, a resident of Delhi, was found dead in the hotel located in Sector 18 last evening.
SSP Praveen Kumar said the hotel staff found the woman dead round 6.30 PM.
Initially, police thought that Akansha had committed suicide as a note recovered from the site stated that the couple was facing some differences with parents beside financial problems.
The note said she was committing suicide and the husband too would commit suicide by jumping from a tower in Sector 25.
When a police team went to sector, 25 they could not trace her husband.
However, her husband Ishan Khosla last night turned up at the police station and allegedly confessed to have killed his wife.
Ishan told police that they got married in June 2011 but did not get along.
Ishan said he smothered Akansha to death with a pillow and planned to commit suicide but could not do so.
"The victim was studying in Noida and her husband worked as a telemarketer. The couple lived in Rohini in Delhi," SP City Yogesh Singh said.
The suicide note recovered from the spot was written by Ishan, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS