Man suffocates wife to death at Noida hotel
Noida: A 24-year-old woman was murdered allegedly by her husband in Radisson Hotel here, police said on Saturday.
Akansha Khosla, a resident of Delhi, was found dead in the hotel located in Sector 18 last evening.
SSP Praveen Kumar said the hotel staff found the woman dead round 6.30 PM.
Initially, police thought that Akansha had committed suicide as a note recovered from the site stated that the couple was facing some differences with parents beside financial problems.
The note said she was committing suicide and the husband too would commit suicide by jumping from a tower in Sector 25.
When a police team went to sector, 25 they could not trace her husband.
However, her husband Ishan Khosla last night turned up at the police station and allegedly confessed to have killed his wife.
Ishan told police that they got married in June 2011 but did not get along.
Ishan said he smothered Akansha to death with a pillow and planned to commit suicide but could not do so.
"The victim was studying in Noida and her husband worked as a telemarketer. The couple lived in Rohini in Delhi," SP City Yogesh Singh said.
The suicide note recovered from the spot was written by Ishan, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him