MCD poll officials to enjoy holiday on Monday
New Delhi: Around 58,000 officials posted in polling stations for Delhi municipal polls can relax for a day with the State Election Commission announcing a holiday for them on Monday.
This is for the first time that such a holiday has been announced for polling officials after the voting is concluded.
Around 58,000 officials were manning 11,543 polling stations.
However, this holiday is not valid for around 83,000 police personnel who were deployed for security duty.
Delhi went to municipal polls today to elect councillors for 272 wards spread across three municipal corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city