Measures taken to improve security for people from NE states
Itanagar: In a bid to curb incidents of crime against women and people from the northeastern states residing in the capital, Delhi police has imparted special training to 32 representatives from the region to ensure their security.
With the aim of creating awareness and help people from Northeast who are subjected to harassment, the Delhi police led by Joint Commissioner (Training) Robin Hibu has ensured that measures are taken to protect them.
"During the training 32 persons from NE were selected as representatives of their respective states whom people from the region will contact in case of any emergency to coordinate with the police in case of any problem in Delhi," Hibu, an IPS officer from Arunachal Pradesh told PTI from New Delhi.
The Delhi Police has initiated several measures for providing security to working women including, directions under section 144 to BPOs and Call Centers to drop the female employees at their homes, dedicated phone lines, PCR to drop stranded women to their homes after sun set, lady police help desk at all police stations, among some, besides fast tracking of rape cases, Hibu said.
"We are also planning to issue separate standing order procedure based on Zero tolerance policy for the safety and security of NE students and others residing in Delhi besides appointment of Joint commissioner and Inspector General of police level officers as chief coordinators for security of NE citizens in Delhi," he said.
"We are also contemplating to introduce 155 emergency response vehicles (ERVs) patrol for assistance in crime prone areas and special training to the beat staff of North and South districts where maximum NE citizens are residing," Hibu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply