Missing five-year-old boy found murdered in Delhi
New Delhi: The body of a five-year-old boy, who was missing for three days, was recovered from a pit here early Sunday, said police.
The body of the boy, identified as Rohan, was recovered from the pit around 3 a.m. from Kushak village in north Delhi`s Swaroop Nagar area.
"One of the villagers informed police after he found the semi-buried body of the victim inside the pit," said a police officer.
The victim, a lower KG student, was missing since March 7 and a case had already been registered by his family members, said the officer.
"Rohan`s skull was fractured. Prima facie it seemed to be a case of personal enmity as the victim`s family did not get any ransom call. The body has been sent for post-mortem," he said.
During investigation, the victim`s father, Chandrabhan, who hails from Uttar Pradesh and works as a driver here, told police that he had no personal enmity with anyone.
"A case of murder has been registered and questioning is on with the victim`s relatives and neighbours. No one has been arrested yet," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'