Missing five-year-old boy found murdered in Delhi
New Delhi: The body of a five-year-old boy, who was missing for three days, was recovered from a pit here early Sunday, said police.
The body of the boy, identified as Rohan, was recovered from the pit around 3 a.m. from Kushak village in north Delhi`s Swaroop Nagar area.
"One of the villagers informed police after he found the semi-buried body of the victim inside the pit," said a police officer.
The victim, a lower KG student, was missing since March 7 and a case had already been registered by his family members, said the officer.
"Rohan`s skull was fractured. Prima facie it seemed to be a case of personal enmity as the victim`s family did not get any ransom call. The body has been sent for post-mortem," he said.
During investigation, the victim`s father, Chandrabhan, who hails from Uttar Pradesh and works as a driver here, told police that he had no personal enmity with anyone.
"A case of murder has been registered and questioning is on with the victim`s relatives and neighbours. No one has been arrested yet," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley