Missing girl appears in court
New Delhi: A run-away girl, who had earlier told a city court that she might be sold by her father and had then gone missing from a woman remand home which had handed her over to him despite her fears, has resurfaced and told the court that she has been remarried to an Uttar Pradesh native.
On the girl`s revelations, Additional Session Judge Kamini Lau has issued summons to her second husband Son Pal Singh and has ordered the police to probe if her second marriage is somehow linked to her fears of her sale.
The girl from the North West Delhi made the revelation to the court in a brief deposition, which, however, had to be discontinued and slated for March 14 due to extreme emotional disturbance that the girl faced during the court proceeding.
"In view of the request made and after observing the mental and physical condition of the girl, who appears to be extremely disturbed, distressed, confused and emotionally stressed and therefore unable to think objectively and depose independently, her further examination-in-chief is deferred.
"This court is of the view that the girl be provided professional counseling through an NGO. I have enquired from the girl and she consents to the professional counseling," ASJ Lau said.
The case has seen many dramatic twists and turns since lodging of an FIR by her father Kaushal who had claimed that his minor daughter had been kidnapped.
The girl, on March 11, 2011, had written to the police saying she over 20 years in age and was competent to take her decisions and had willingly married Prem Raj, who was accused by her father of kidnapping her on February 23, 2011. She had
also told the police that her family members have been threatening her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi