Missing RTI activist from Delhi traced
New Delhi: A 38-year-old RTI activist who went missing two days ago from Delhi was brought back from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
Shiv Kumar Tiwari, who carried out a sting operation on corrupt policemen and whose efforts uncovered `ghost` employees in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, allegedly disappeared from east Delhi`s Ghazipur on Thursday.
"Tiwari revealed during his interrogation that neither he was forced to leave Delhi nor thrashed by anyone in Ghazipur flower market where he had gone Thursday morning. He does not know how he reached Muzaffarnagar," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Prabhakar.
Tiwari, who runs a flower shop in Connaught Place, had gone to buy flowers from Ghazipur along with his employee Chandan.
Police registered a case after his family gave a complained. Tiwari made a call to his family members Friday night that he was in Muzaffarnagar.
"Tiwari was brought to Delhi Saturday afternoon," he said.
After two medical tests on the activist, no physical assault mark was found on his body, he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today