Missing RTI activist from Delhi traced
New Delhi: A 38-year-old RTI activist who went missing two days ago from Delhi was brought back from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
Shiv Kumar Tiwari, who carried out a sting operation on corrupt policemen and whose efforts uncovered `ghost` employees in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, allegedly disappeared from east Delhi`s Ghazipur on Thursday.
"Tiwari revealed during his interrogation that neither he was forced to leave Delhi nor thrashed by anyone in Ghazipur flower market where he had gone Thursday morning. He does not know how he reached Muzaffarnagar," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Prabhakar.
Tiwari, who runs a flower shop in Connaught Place, had gone to buy flowers from Ghazipur along with his employee Chandan.
Police registered a case after his family gave a complained. Tiwari made a call to his family members Friday night that he was in Muzaffarnagar.
"Tiwari was brought to Delhi Saturday afternoon," he said.
After two medical tests on the activist, no physical assault mark was found on his body, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself