Nair given chance to explain Antrix-Devas: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Thursday dismissed former
ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair`s claims that he was not given a
chance to give his views on the action taken against him in
connection with controversial Antrix-Devas deal.
"The High Level Team had sent detailed letters to all the
above four officials in July 2011 seeking clarifications for
their involvement in various lapses and issues, including
those pointed out by High Powered Review Committee," Minister
of State in PMO V Narayanasamy told the Rajya Sabha.
He said in a written reply that the officials Nair, K R Sridharamurthy, A Bhaskaranarayana and K N Shankara were
asked to send in their clarifications within 10 days.
Narayanasamy said the officials were also told that they
would be asked to appear before the High Level Team if
"If the officer desires the HLT would be willing to give
opportunity for personal hearing and giving views regarding
the agreement," he said.
Narayanasamy said that Chairman of the HLT had provided
opportunity for personal hearing as requested by Nair.
"Former Chairman of ISRO followed it up with a letter to
Chairman, HLT on August 10, 2011," he said.
Based on the HLT report, submitted to the PMO on September
2 last year, the government had barred Nair and three eminent
space scientists from any re-employment for their alleged role
in the deal.
Nair had hit back at the government for taking action "in
violation of principles of natural justice and tarnishing the
image of reputed people like him."
He had said he was not given an opportunity to explain his
views and had to gate crash into HLT chairman Pratyush Sinha`s
office to narrate his side of the story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past