NCP to contest all 70 seats in Delhi polls
New Delhi: UPA constituent Nationalist Congress Party today said it will contest all 70 seats in Delhi Assembly polls slated to be held later this year in order to provide a "viable alternative".
The party will also launch a statewide campaign against the Congress-led Sheila Dikshit government in the name of "Jan Chetna Abhiyaan", NCP state Working President Kanwar Pratap Singh said.
"People of Delhi have been seeing and bearing the same government since the last 15 years. Looking at the problems of the citizens, Delhi NCP has decided to launch `Jan Chetna Abhiyaan` in order to raise awareness about this government`s tendency to mislead people.
"The campaign will be carried out in all 70 assembly constituencies where we are going to contest elections," said Singh.
"This government creates problem but never solves them. If there is an issue which slips out of its hand, it very conveniently says that the matter is out of its domain," he said.
Singh alleged that opposition BJP was just the other side of the same coin. "They (BJP) never take anything seriously nor do they play the role of an active opposition.
"So as a national party, we find it our responsibility to provide a viable alternative to the people of Delhi," said Singh.
Singh said that he has constituted a new state committeee which will listen to the grievance of the public and prepare strategy for contesting the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what