NDMC to set up garden huts, fragrance park
New Delhi: In a bid to make the area under its jurisdiction greener and more eco-friendly, New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has come up with a plan to set up `garden huts` and a `fragrance park`.
Different types of `garden huts` shall be put up at various parks at Laxmi Bai Nagar and Sarojini Nagar, NDMC chairperson Jalaj Srivastava said, adding that a `fragrance park` will also be developed at Laxmi Bai Nagar.
Although no deadline was mentioned by the civic body, officials said that the project would be completed in this financial year.
A new `Cactus House` shall come up at the Lodhi Garden nursery while 10 acupressure paths will be laid in various parks at Sarojini Nagar, Malcha Marg and Jor Bagh, he added.
The creation of the `acupressure walks` is the unique feature of the project. The acupressure walks will have a 10-m pebbled walkway, complete with railings for support.
Also, a greenhouse is to be constructed at the Circular Road nursery along with a topiary garden, the work for which is already in progress.
The central verge and either side of Shanti Path ?? which lies in the middle of Delhi`s diplomatic enclave shall be beautified with the addition of different horticultural features, the chairperson said.
A provision of Rs 75.52 crore has been set aside for parks and gardens in the 2014-15 budget. In November last year, the civic agency also passed a proposal to set up 33 free-of-cost, eco-friendly gyms in the NDMC areas to promote fitness among Delhiites.
The gyms will be set up at Central Park (Connaught Place), Sanjay Park, Talkatora Garden, Nehru Park, Charak Palika Hospital, NDMC Club, working women`s hostels, old age homes and other public utility centres.
Although these gyms will be located in the NDMC area, they will be open to everyone. The equipment will be eco-friendly and designed for use with minimum risk by people of any age, Srivastava added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre