Nepali actor held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A 39-year-old Nepali actor was arrested here, along with two of his accomplices, for running a human trafficking racket, police said on Sunday. He cheated people on the pretext of getting them work visa for foreign countries.
"Khushbu Hamal Thakuri (Nepali actor), Kamal Chaudhary, 34, and Surya Karki, 28, were arrested Saturday in Nabi Karim area in central Delhi," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Devesh Chandra Srivastava.
The accused were involved in human trafficking and cheating people seeking jobs in African and European countries. Some of their victims came from Nepal.
The accused impersonated as embassy employees, collected Rs.2-3 lakh from each of the victims and escaped leaving them in the lurch, police said.
The three accused were running the racket since the last three years, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying