Nepali actor held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A 39-year-old Nepali actor was arrested here, along with two of his accomplices, for running a human trafficking racket, police said on Sunday. He cheated people on the pretext of getting them work visa for foreign countries.
"Khushbu Hamal Thakuri (Nepali actor), Kamal Chaudhary, 34, and Surya Karki, 28, were arrested Saturday in Nabi Karim area in central Delhi," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Devesh Chandra Srivastava.
The accused were involved in human trafficking and cheating people seeking jobs in African and European countries. Some of their victims came from Nepal.
The accused impersonated as embassy employees, collected Rs.2-3 lakh from each of the victims and escaped leaving them in the lurch, police said.
The three accused were running the racket since the last three years, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead