Nepali actor held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A 39-year-old Nepali actor was arrested here, along with two of his accomplices, for running a human trafficking racket, police said on Sunday. He cheated people on the pretext of getting them work visa for foreign countries.
"Khushbu Hamal Thakuri (Nepali actor), Kamal Chaudhary, 34, and Surya Karki, 28, were arrested Saturday in Nabi Karim area in central Delhi," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Devesh Chandra Srivastava.
The accused were involved in human trafficking and cheating people seeking jobs in African and European countries. Some of their victims came from Nepal.
The accused impersonated as embassy employees, collected Rs.2-3 lakh from each of the victims and escaped leaving them in the lurch, police said.
The three accused were running the racket since the last three years, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj