Nepali actor held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A 39-year-old Nepali actor was arrested here, along with two of his accomplices, for running a human trafficking racket, police said on Sunday. He cheated people on the pretext of getting them work visa for foreign countries.
"Khushbu Hamal Thakuri (Nepali actor), Kamal Chaudhary, 34, and Surya Karki, 28, were arrested Saturday in Nabi Karim area in central Delhi," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Devesh Chandra Srivastava.
The accused were involved in human trafficking and cheating people seeking jobs in African and European countries. Some of their victims came from Nepal.
The accused impersonated as embassy employees, collected Rs.2-3 lakh from each of the victims and escaped leaving them in the lurch, police said.
The three accused were running the racket since the last three years, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan