Nigerian held with cocaine worth Rs 35 lakh
New Delhi: A 37-year-old Nigerian national
was arrested here allegedly with 35 grams of cocaine worth
around Rs 35 lakh in the international market, police said
Adebola Prosper, hailing from Lagos in Nigeria, was
apprehended from Rajouri Garden yesterday, Sanjay Bhatia,
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
Prosper came to Delhi in October last year on a business
visa and started living with a fellow Nigerian Bolaji F Alani,
who is allegedly involved in drug trafficking.
He wanted to start shoe business from India but started
allegedly supplying drugs with Alani.
"Around two months ago Alani left India and Prosper took
over his clientele and started supplying cocaine to them. The
recovered cocaine was left by his associate Alani," Bhatia
Prosper is the fifth foreign national to be apprehended
by the Crime Branch this year.
On January 22, a 32-year-old man from Ghana was arrested
from Indira Gandhi International airport here allegedly with
200 grams of cocaine worth around Rs two crore in the
On January eight, a 36-year-old South African national
was arrested in south Delhi allegedly with 40 grams of cocaine
worth around Rs 40 lakh while on January three, a 28-year-old
Nigerian national was arrested from V3S Mall on east Delhi`s
On New Year eve, another Nigerian national was
apprehended with 175 grams of cocaine worth Rs 1.75 crore in
the international market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future