No privatisation of drinking water supply: DJB
New Delhi: Delhi Jal Board has no plans to privatise supply of drinking water in the capital, the Urban Development Ministry said on Tuesday.
"Delhi Jal Board has informed that there is no proposal under consideration for privatisation of drinking water supply in Delhi," minister of state in UD Ministry Saugata Roy said in response to a question in the Lok Sabha.
Roy also told the house that to ensure safe drinking water in the capital, seven laboratories are working round-the-clock at all water treatment plants to monitor quality.
The old pipeline distribution network was also being replaced by a new network of pipelines to minimise chances of contamination and loss of water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred