No proof against Kiran Bedi of looting police orgs
New Delhi: Investigators have not found any evidence against Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on allegations that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs, police sources said on Monday.
Delhi Police had on November 27 last year registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of trust following an order from a court, which looked into allegations against the former IPS officer.
Police sources said they have not found any evidence to suggest that she misappropriated the money got as donation from Microsoft to impart computer training to paramilitary personnel.
After examining the documents of Bedi`s NGOs, they said, they could not find any evidence to prove the allegations.
They said investigators are in the process of filing a closure report in the case very soon.
Reacting to the development, Bedi told PTI, "the only thing I want to tell you now is I am grateful."
A Delhi-based lawyer Devinder Singh Chauhan had alleged that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs.
Bedi had earlier said that she has sound evidence and endurance to deal with the case.
She was also embroiled in a controversy over inflating her travel bills and overcharging her hosts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?