No proof against Kiran Bedi of looting police orgs
New Delhi: Investigators have not found any evidence against Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on allegations that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs, police sources said on Monday.
Delhi Police had on November 27 last year registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of trust following an order from a court, which looked into allegations against the former IPS officer.
Police sources said they have not found any evidence to suggest that she misappropriated the money got as donation from Microsoft to impart computer training to paramilitary personnel.
After examining the documents of Bedi`s NGOs, they said, they could not find any evidence to prove the allegations.
They said investigators are in the process of filing a closure report in the case very soon.
Reacting to the development, Bedi told PTI, "the only thing I want to tell you now is I am grateful."
A Delhi-based lawyer Devinder Singh Chauhan had alleged that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs.
Bedi had earlier said that she has sound evidence and endurance to deal with the case.
She was also embroiled in a controversy over inflating her travel bills and overcharging her hosts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij