No proof against Kiran Bedi of looting police orgs
New Delhi: Investigators have not found any evidence against Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on allegations that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs, police sources said on Monday.
Delhi Police had on November 27 last year registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of trust following an order from a court, which looked into allegations against the former IPS officer.
Police sources said they have not found any evidence to suggest that she misappropriated the money got as donation from Microsoft to impart computer training to paramilitary personnel.
After examining the documents of Bedi`s NGOs, they said, they could not find any evidence to prove the allegations.
They said investigators are in the process of filing a closure report in the case very soon.
Reacting to the development, Bedi told PTI, "the only thing I want to tell you now is I am grateful."
A Delhi-based lawyer Devinder Singh Chauhan had alleged that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs.
Bedi had earlier said that she has sound evidence and endurance to deal with the case.
She was also embroiled in a controversy over inflating her travel bills and overcharging her hosts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state