No proof against Kiran Bedi of looting police orgs
New Delhi: Investigators have not found any evidence against Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on allegations that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs, police sources said on Monday.
Delhi Police had on November 27 last year registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of trust following an order from a court, which looked into allegations against the former IPS officer.
Police sources said they have not found any evidence to suggest that she misappropriated the money got as donation from Microsoft to impart computer training to paramilitary personnel.
After examining the documents of Bedi`s NGOs, they said, they could not find any evidence to prove the allegations.
They said investigators are in the process of filing a closure report in the case very soon.
Reacting to the development, Bedi told PTI, "the only thing I want to tell you now is I am grateful."
A Delhi-based lawyer Devinder Singh Chauhan had alleged that she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs.
Bedi had earlier said that she has sound evidence and endurance to deal with the case.
She was also embroiled in a controversy over inflating her travel bills and overcharging her hosts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert