Nobel Memorial Wall at two Metro stations in Delhi
New Delhi: Want to know about Nobel Laureates from India? Walk into Rajiv Chowk and Noida City Centre Metro stations before November 2.
The Embassy of Sweden and the Delhi Metro jointly inaugurated `The Nobel Memorial Wall` at these stations to spread awareness about all the Nobel Laureates from India.
The Indian Nobel Laureates are being honoured as a part of the sixth edition of The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week and a initiative undertaken by the DMRC.
DMRC chief Mangu Singh and Swedish Ambassador to India Harald Sandberg unveiled the Nobel Wall.
"It is a matter of pride for us to host the Nobel Memorial Wall with the Embassy of Sweden to honour our Nobel laureates. The contributions of our Nobel laureates have given India recognition all over the world," Singh said.
"I would like to thank DMRC for partnering with us in this initiative," Sandberg said.
The Nobel Memorial Wall will have portraits of the seven Nobel Laureates from India -- Rabindranath Tagore, C V Raman, Dr Hargobind Khorana, Mother Teresa, Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, Amartya Sen and Venkatraman Ramakrishnan.
It also provide details about their contribution to society and a panel each on Alfred Nobel and the Nobel Prizes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand