Nobel Memorial Wall at two Metro stations in Delhi
New Delhi: Want to know about Nobel Laureates from India? Walk into Rajiv Chowk and Noida City Centre Metro stations before November 2.
The Embassy of Sweden and the Delhi Metro jointly inaugurated `The Nobel Memorial Wall` at these stations to spread awareness about all the Nobel Laureates from India.
The Indian Nobel Laureates are being honoured as a part of the sixth edition of The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week and a initiative undertaken by the DMRC.
DMRC chief Mangu Singh and Swedish Ambassador to India Harald Sandberg unveiled the Nobel Wall.
"It is a matter of pride for us to host the Nobel Memorial Wall with the Embassy of Sweden to honour our Nobel laureates. The contributions of our Nobel laureates have given India recognition all over the world," Singh said.
"I would like to thank DMRC for partnering with us in this initiative," Sandberg said.
The Nobel Memorial Wall will have portraits of the seven Nobel Laureates from India -- Rabindranath Tagore, C V Raman, Dr Hargobind Khorana, Mother Teresa, Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, Amartya Sen and Venkatraman Ramakrishnan.
It also provide details about their contribution to society and a panel each on Alfred Nobel and the Nobel Prizes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India