Noida-Greater Noida, City Centre to Sector 62 Metro projects get nod
Noida: Noida and Greater Noida Boards on Friday gave green signal to Noida to Greater Noida and city Centre to sector 62 Metro rail projects.
Though it was planned during Mayawati`s tenure as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, the change of guard saw the project being put on hold as new officers and the state government wanted changes in the project before giving the approval.
Noida CEO Sanjiv Saran and Greater Noida CEO Rama Raman told mediamen after the meeting of the two Boards that the total length of the Metro project is 29.70 kilometer.
It will be run on 1433 gauge and will have 22 stations.
The maximum speed of train would be 95 kilometer per hour while scheduled speed is 35 kilometer per hour.
The total estimated cost at June 2009 prices is Rs.2781 crore without land and Rs.3017 crores with land.
Present-day cost of the project is expected to be around Rs.5500 crores, they said.
The areas to be covered under the project are Sectors 32, 51, 83, 101, 143, 147, Knowledge Park II, Pari Chowk, Sector Alpha, Delta and Knowledge Park IV.
As Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority as per NCRPB master plan approval has to construct 20 to 25 percent EWS and LIG houses in near future, the authority has planned to develop 10000 such houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video