Noida on high alert after recovery of suspected explosives in Delhi
Noida: After recovery of a bag suspected to be containing explosives near an army hospital in Delhi on Monday, Noida police sounded a high alert and police teams checked the vehicles at entry points and crowded market places.
Due to violence during trade union protests, PAC and additional forces were still at Noida areas.
Delhi intelligence unit issued an advisory to Noida Police to be alert, SSP Salabh Mathur said.
Areas under the police scanner included the posh Sector 18 market having the Centre Stage Mall and other commercial localities like is Great India Palace and Atta Market.
ASP Triveni Singh and IPS trainee Shalini inspected the GIP and surrounding areas along with a dog squad and a bomb squad to detect possible explosive.
The SSP deputed additional forces at sensitive points in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth