Noida on high alert after recovery of suspected explosives in Delhi
Noida: After recovery of a bag suspected to be containing explosives near an army hospital in Delhi on Monday, Noida police sounded a high alert and police teams checked the vehicles at entry points and crowded market places.
Due to violence during trade union protests, PAC and additional forces were still at Noida areas.
Delhi intelligence unit issued an advisory to Noida Police to be alert, SSP Salabh Mathur said.
Areas under the police scanner included the posh Sector 18 market having the Centre Stage Mall and other commercial localities like is Great India Palace and Atta Market.
ASP Triveni Singh and IPS trainee Shalini inspected the GIP and surrounding areas along with a dog squad and a bomb squad to detect possible explosive.
The SSP deputed additional forces at sensitive points in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj