Noida on high alert after recovery of suspected explosives in Delhi
Noida: After recovery of a bag suspected to be containing explosives near an army hospital in Delhi on Monday, Noida police sounded a high alert and police teams checked the vehicles at entry points and crowded market places.
Due to violence during trade union protests, PAC and additional forces were still at Noida areas.
Delhi intelligence unit issued an advisory to Noida Police to be alert, SSP Salabh Mathur said.
Areas under the police scanner included the posh Sector 18 market having the Centre Stage Mall and other commercial localities like is Great India Palace and Atta Market.
ASP Triveni Singh and IPS trainee Shalini inspected the GIP and surrounding areas along with a dog squad and a bomb squad to detect possible explosive.
The SSP deputed additional forces at sensitive points in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video