Noida on high alert after recovery of suspected explosives in Delhi
Noida: After recovery of a bag suspected to be containing explosives near an army hospital in Delhi on Monday, Noida police sounded a high alert and police teams checked the vehicles at entry points and crowded market places.
Due to violence during trade union protests, PAC and additional forces were still at Noida areas.
Delhi intelligence unit issued an advisory to Noida Police to be alert, SSP Salabh Mathur said.
Areas under the police scanner included the posh Sector 18 market having the Centre Stage Mall and other commercial localities like is Great India Palace and Atta Market.
ASP Triveni Singh and IPS trainee Shalini inspected the GIP and surrounding areas along with a dog squad and a bomb squad to detect possible explosive.
The SSP deputed additional forces at sensitive points in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez