Noida on high alert after recovery of suspected explosives in Delhi
Noida: After recovery of a bag suspected to be containing explosives near an army hospital in Delhi on Monday, Noida police sounded a high alert and police teams checked the vehicles at entry points and crowded market places.
Due to violence during trade union protests, PAC and additional forces were still at Noida areas.
Delhi intelligence unit issued an advisory to Noida Police to be alert, SSP Salabh Mathur said.
Areas under the police scanner included the posh Sector 18 market having the Centre Stage Mall and other commercial localities like is Great India Palace and Atta Market.
ASP Triveni Singh and IPS trainee Shalini inspected the GIP and surrounding areas along with a dog squad and a bomb squad to detect possible explosive.
The SSP deputed additional forces at sensitive points in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!