One killed, four injured in Delhi clash over land
New Delhi: A 38-year-old man was killed and four others - among them two women - were injured in a clash here between two groups over land, police said Monday.
Salim was killed, and his wife Munni, 32, and his brother`s wife Murshida, 30, received head injuries in west Delhi`s Kanjhawala area around 5.30 p.m. Sunday, police said.
Members of their rival group, Fateh, 58, and his son Habib, 20, were arrested. The two men were also injured, police said.
There was a dispute between the two groups over a piece of land, police said.
"The accused arrived at Salim`s house and started an argument which turned violent, leading to his death," said the police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand