Phone snatchers make merry at Ramlila Maidan
New Delhi: Phone snatchers had a field day at Ramlila Maidan, the venue of yoga guru Ramdev`s fast, as over 50 mobile phones were reported missing from the ground.
Four to five people, who allegedly stole the phones, were caught by the volunteers who were asked by Ramdev not to punish them.
"Give lighter punishments to these small thieves. Catch bigger thieves," the yoga guru said, referring to people stashing black money in foreign banks.
Volunteers said over 50 mobile phones are reported to have been stolen from the Ramlila Maidan after the fast protest began this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users