Police official among 3 arrested at IGI for smuggling
New Delhi: A Manipur police official and two others were Saturday arrested for allegedly smuggling contraband worth Rs 20 lakh from the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here.
The official, identified as one Chlalkhogin, is a constable in Manipur police and he was accompanied with his wife Chongboi and another person Satkholal when they were intercepted by a CISF check squad at the terminal 3 of the IGI.
A senior CISF officer said that the trio were intercepted in the wee hours around 5 am, just before they were scheduled to board an Indigo flight (6E-221) to Guwahati.
"Their baggages appeared to be suspicious. On profiling, they were selected for thorough checking. During screening of one of their baggages about 24 kgs of Pseudoephedrine drug was detected and recovered," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said.
The CISF then called up the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) sleuths who arrested the trio under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
The NCB estimated the value of the drug consignment to be about Rs 20 lakh in the domestic market while the same volume would fetch Rs one crore in the international market, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic