Police official among 3 arrested at IGI for smuggling
New Delhi: A Manipur police official and two others were Saturday arrested for allegedly smuggling contraband worth Rs 20 lakh from the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here.
The official, identified as one Chlalkhogin, is a constable in Manipur police and he was accompanied with his wife Chongboi and another person Satkholal when they were intercepted by a CISF check squad at the terminal 3 of the IGI.
A senior CISF officer said that the trio were intercepted in the wee hours around 5 am, just before they were scheduled to board an Indigo flight (6E-221) to Guwahati.
"Their baggages appeared to be suspicious. On profiling, they were selected for thorough checking. During screening of one of their baggages about 24 kgs of Pseudoephedrine drug was detected and recovered," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said.
The CISF then called up the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) sleuths who arrested the trio under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
The NCB estimated the value of the drug consignment to be about Rs 20 lakh in the domestic market while the same volume would fetch Rs one crore in the international market, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!