Police warn people of miscreants disrupting peaceful protests
New Delhi: Warning that miscreants may create trouble at the peaceful protests in Jantar Mantar, Delhi Police on Saturday made announcements at the site asking people to be wary about such elements and report about them.
Police made announcement through public address system that some miscreants appeared to have sneaked into the protest site.
Some people who have consumed alcohol may create trouble and if public comes to know about any such elements, they should report the matter to them, police said.
Earlier in the day, a group of protesters wanted to burn some posters but another group reasoned with them and pacified them.
Government and police have appealed for calm and peace during the protests against the Delhi gang-rape. Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had to beat a hasty retreat at Jantar Mantar after protesters heckled her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister