Police warn people of miscreants disrupting peaceful protests
New Delhi: Warning that miscreants may create trouble at the peaceful protests in Jantar Mantar, Delhi Police on Saturday made announcements at the site asking people to be wary about such elements and report about them.
Police made announcement through public address system that some miscreants appeared to have sneaked into the protest site.
Some people who have consumed alcohol may create trouble and if public comes to know about any such elements, they should report the matter to them, police said.
Earlier in the day, a group of protesters wanted to burn some posters but another group reasoned with them and pacified them.
Government and police have appealed for calm and peace during the protests against the Delhi gang-rape. Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had to beat a hasty retreat at Jantar Mantar after protesters heckled her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter