Police warn people of miscreants disrupting peaceful protests
New Delhi: Warning that miscreants may create trouble at the peaceful protests in Jantar Mantar, Delhi Police on Saturday made announcements at the site asking people to be wary about such elements and report about them.
Police made announcement through public address system that some miscreants appeared to have sneaked into the protest site.
Some people who have consumed alcohol may create trouble and if public comes to know about any such elements, they should report the matter to them, police said.
Earlier in the day, a group of protesters wanted to burn some posters but another group reasoned with them and pacified them.
Government and police have appealed for calm and peace during the protests against the Delhi gang-rape. Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had to beat a hasty retreat at Jantar Mantar after protesters heckled her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official