Police warn people of miscreants disrupting peaceful protests
New Delhi: Warning that miscreants may create trouble at the peaceful protests in Jantar Mantar, Delhi Police on Saturday made announcements at the site asking people to be wary about such elements and report about them.
Police made announcement through public address system that some miscreants appeared to have sneaked into the protest site.
Some people who have consumed alcohol may create trouble and if public comes to know about any such elements, they should report the matter to them, police said.
Earlier in the day, a group of protesters wanted to burn some posters but another group reasoned with them and pacified them.
Government and police have appealed for calm and peace during the protests against the Delhi gang-rape. Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had to beat a hasty retreat at Jantar Mantar after protesters heckled her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire