Police warn people of miscreants disrupting peaceful protests
New Delhi: Warning that miscreants may create trouble at the peaceful protests in Jantar Mantar, Delhi Police on Saturday made announcements at the site asking people to be wary about such elements and report about them.
Police made announcement through public address system that some miscreants appeared to have sneaked into the protest site.
Some people who have consumed alcohol may create trouble and if public comes to know about any such elements, they should report the matter to them, police said.
Earlier in the day, a group of protesters wanted to burn some posters but another group reasoned with them and pacified them.
Government and police have appealed for calm and peace during the protests against the Delhi gang-rape. Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had to beat a hasty retreat at Jantar Mantar after protesters heckled her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology