‘Population makes difficult NCC training for all’
New Delhi: Imparting NCC training to all the
youths would have benefited the country but the huge
population has made it a "difficult task", Vice President
Hamid Ansari said here today.
Inaugurating the annual NCC Republic Day Camp here, Ansari
said, "Country would have benefited a lot had it been possible
to enroll every youth into NCC. But due to the huge population
it is a difficult task."
Observing that NCC provides the best training required for
character building among youth, he said, "It (enrollment of
youth in NCC) will increase gradually, and will have its
benefits as there is no better training than this."
Addressing the cadets, Ansari lauded the efforts of NCC,
the largest uniformed youth organisation, and its contribution
towards nation building.
He said that the Corps has made notable contribution in
promoting secularism and national integration among youth.
The Vice President was accorded a Guard of Honour by the
NCC cadets drawn from all its three wings on his arrival to
The Vice President also visited the Flag Area and
interacted with the cadets about their respective states and
appreciated the various social themes displayed there.
NCC plans to raise its cadet strength from 13 lakh to 15
lakh under a five-phase annual programme, with an additional
40,000 enrollment every year.
The month-long NCC Republic Day Camp is being attended by
1,948 cadets including more than 640 girls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living