Prasar Bharati to set up expert panels as part of revamp
Kolkata: Set for a major revamp, public sector broadcaster Prasar Bharati will form expert panels to advise it on viewership preferences, programmes and for archive retrieval.
"The advisory committees will be set up for viewers and programme advisory as well as for retrieving archives. These will be in our 11 kendras across the country.
We want individuals from different fields to volunteer as per their fields of expertise," Prasar Bharati chief executive officer Jwahar Sircar said here on Monday.
"The idea is to revamp the existing structure. We are trying to democratise programmes," Sircar said.
Also, Prasar Bharati`s radio broadcasting arm Akashvani is recasting the programme content of its two FM channels - FM Rainbow and FM Gold - by introducing breakfast shows, special slots for western as well as devotional songs.
These programmmes originating in AIR FM Delhi would have a pan-India flavour and acknowledge listeners joining in from various states, he explained.
He further said that the news content of FM Gold had been so rationalised that continuous news and programmes stretching over several hours had been made concise and would be alternated with entertainment content.
"Popular western music has been retained and stations at Shillong and Panaji have been asked to provide good western music content for enrichment of content," he said.
Prasar Bharati runs the AIR and Doordardhan network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender