Problems in Delhi metro’s Blue line yet again, commuters stranded
New Delhi: Traffic on snag-prone Dwarka to Noida City Centre line of Delhi Metro was disrupted on Monday due to signal problem, delaying scores of commuters.
"Due to track circuit (signalling) problem, between Mandi House and Pragati Maidan section, trains on Line 3/4 are running with a restricted speed of 25 kmph in this section leading to uneven frequency of trains on the route," a DMRC spokesperson said.
According to the spokesperson, the snag between Mandi house and Pragati Maidan station developed at 8 AM and the metro officials were trying to resolve it.
However, it is uncertain as to when normalcy would be restored, he said.
Meanwhile, hundreds of passengers using this Blue line metro were delayed due to bunching of trains on the route.
The Dwarka Sec-21 to Noida City Centre/Vaishali train has been hit by the circuit problem often in the past, the last time being October end and early November due to similar technical problems.
"The delay in Dwarka line has become a nuisance. Every other day there is a problem and many commuters like me get delayed for work and other things," a passenger complained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender