Race Course Metro station reopened for public
New Delhi: Anticipating protests outside Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence, the Delhi Metro on Sunday closed the Race Course station for nearly three hours on police instruction. However, it was reopened in the afternoon.
"Race Course Metro station has been reopened for public at 1:51 PM," a Metro official said.
The station at Race Course Road was closed to the public from 11 AM after the activists of the BJP youth wing announced a march and gherao of the high-security area.
The BJP Yuva Morcha activists, led by its president Anurag Singh Thakur, had announced that they would gherao Singh`s residence.
"With this demonstration, we demand that the PM ought to speak up and also demand proper investigation into the scams and cases of corruption against the Congress party and its ministers coming out in the news on a daily basis," Thakur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media