Rahul condoles death of rape victim, calls for introspection
New Delhi: As people`s anger over the death of Delhi gangrape victim spilled out into the streets, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi Saturday broke his silence on the ghastly incident calling for introspection and resolve to ensure the security and dignity of women.
"My heart goes out to the family of the young girl and millions of young Indians, families who work, hope and pray for a better India. We as a nation must reflect on the events of the days gone by," Rahul said, offering his deep condolences to the young girl`s family.
As citizens, we must resolve to respect the dignity of women and follow the laws of the land, he said.
"I join my mother and sister in offering deep felt condolences to the young girl`s family, My thoughts and prayers are with the family," Rahul said in his message.
The girl, who was gang-raped by six men in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16, breathed her last in a Singapore hospital early this morning after battling for life for the past 13 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg
- MEA rules out India-Pakistan bilateral talks during SAARC meet in Islamabad
- Here comes a solar cell that functions like a plant
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army