Raise awareness for respectful treatment to women: AIMWPLB
New Delhi: Expressing grief over the demise of the Delhi gang-rape victim, a prominent muslim women`s body has asked religious leaderships to sensitise society, during religious discourses in order to check atrocities against the fair sex.
Parveen Abdi, Founder Secretary General of All India Muslim Women Personal Law Board (AIMWPLB), engaged in empowering and educating women, has said that she will meet RSS leaders and Shahi Imam for the cause as well.
"I urge the religious leadership across the board to include the issue of fair and respectful treatment to women in their discourse especially by Muslim ulema (Maulanas) in their weekly Juma khutbas (sermon)," Abdi told PTI over phone from Lucknow.
There are many religious programmes on television from all the community leaders including Hindus and Muslims.
"I call upon the leaders to raise awareness among people and sensitise them on the need of treating women in respectable manner during their religious talks," she said.
Abdi said it was time the society rise above all differences and work unanimously for issues related to women safety.
"I will also call upon RSS supremo Mohan Bhagwat in Nagpur and Shahi Imam Syed Ahmad Bukhari in Delhi and request them to use their influence for this nationalist and humanist cause," Abdi said.
The AIMWPLB will also reach out to women and religious leaders across the country through internet and other means to raise awareness on the issue.
It has called upon women at large to rise against the soaring atrocities against them.
Abdi expressed grief over the demise of the Delhi gang rape victim yesterday.
Besides strengthening the law and timely execution of cases, sensitisation of society towards women is very necessary, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000