Raise awareness for respectful treatment to women: AIMWPLB
New Delhi: Expressing grief over the demise of the Delhi gang-rape victim, a prominent muslim women`s body has asked religious leaderships to sensitise society, during religious discourses in order to check atrocities against the fair sex.
Parveen Abdi, Founder Secretary General of All India Muslim Women Personal Law Board (AIMWPLB), engaged in empowering and educating women, has said that she will meet RSS leaders and Shahi Imam for the cause as well.
"I urge the religious leadership across the board to include the issue of fair and respectful treatment to women in their discourse especially by Muslim ulema (Maulanas) in their weekly Juma khutbas (sermon)," Abdi told PTI over phone from Lucknow.
There are many religious programmes on television from all the community leaders including Hindus and Muslims.
"I call upon the leaders to raise awareness among people and sensitise them on the need of treating women in respectable manner during their religious talks," she said.
Abdi said it was time the society rise above all differences and work unanimously for issues related to women safety.
"I will also call upon RSS supremo Mohan Bhagwat in Nagpur and Shahi Imam Syed Ahmad Bukhari in Delhi and request them to use their influence for this nationalist and humanist cause," Abdi said.
The AIMWPLB will also reach out to women and religious leaders across the country through internet and other means to raise awareness on the issue.
It has called upon women at large to rise against the soaring atrocities against them.
Abdi expressed grief over the demise of the Delhi gang rape victim yesterday.
Besides strengthening the law and timely execution of cases, sensitisation of society towards women is very necessary, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'