Rebel AAP MLA Vinod Binny to contest LS polls on TMC ticket?
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: After being expelled from the Aam Aadmi Party, Laxmi Nagar`s former MLA Vinod Kumar Binny is likely to contest Lok Sabha elections from East Delhi on Trinamool Congress` ticket.
According to reports, Binny recently met TMC Rajya Sabha member Derek O`Brien and party`s chief campaigner Vinod Singh in Delhi.
At present, East Delhi constituency is represented by Congress leader Sandeep Dikshit who is also a son of former Delhi chief minister Shiela Dikshit. Furthermore, AAP has fielded Mahatma Gandhi`s grandson Rajmohan Gandhi from East Delhi.
Buoyed by Anna Hazare`s support, Mamata Banerjee will organise `Jantantra` rally at the Ramlila ground on March 12. Banerjee may announce the names of the candidates she will field in Delhi`s seven constituencies.
In the Delhi Assembly elections, held in December last year, Binny had defeated former Delhi health minister Ashok Kumar Walia by 8,000 votes. However, he turned into a rebel when he was reportedly not made a minister in Delhi cabinet. Later, he called Arvind Kejriwal a dictator and alleged that the AAP had deviated from core issues.
On the other hand, Kejriwal said that Binny was seeking to contest General Elections from East Delhi, but the party had already decided that no sitting MLA would get ticket. On January 26 Kejriwal expelled him from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA