Rewari rape victim shifted to private hospital in Gurgaon
Rewari (Har): An 18-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped and shot at by her relative, was on Tuesday shifted from the district hospital to a private hospital at Gurgaon for specialised treatment.
The girl was has been lying uneasy as the bullet is still stuck in her chest for the past two months and doctors opined that removal of the bullet could endanger her life, officials said.
For specialised treatment, she has been shifted to a private hospital in Gurgaon, they said.
The girl was raped here by her Delhi-based relative identified as Delhi-resident Deepak (23) on November 3, 2012.
However, soon after the sexual assault when the girl tried to flee, the accused fired a bullet from his pistol which hit the victim in her chest.
The doctors, who provided treatment to the victim, claimed that removal of the bullet from her chest could put her life in danger.
Deputy Commissioner C G Rajini Kaanthan said that as per the instructions he had received from Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, the Haryana government will bear the medical expenses for the girl`s treatment.
The pistol used in the crime was yet to be recovered, a senior police official said.
The accused, who was recently arrested by police, is currently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi