Rewari rape victim shifted to private hospital in Gurgaon
Rewari (Har): An 18-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped and shot at by her relative, was on Tuesday shifted from the district hospital to a private hospital at Gurgaon for specialised treatment.
The girl was has been lying uneasy as the bullet is still stuck in her chest for the past two months and doctors opined that removal of the bullet could endanger her life, officials said.
For specialised treatment, she has been shifted to a private hospital in Gurgaon, they said.
The girl was raped here by her Delhi-based relative identified as Delhi-resident Deepak (23) on November 3, 2012.
However, soon after the sexual assault when the girl tried to flee, the accused fired a bullet from his pistol which hit the victim in her chest.
The doctors, who provided treatment to the victim, claimed that removal of the bullet from her chest could put her life in danger.
Deputy Commissioner C G Rajini Kaanthan said that as per the instructions he had received from Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, the Haryana government will bear the medical expenses for the girl`s treatment.
The pistol used in the crime was yet to be recovered, a senior police official said.
The accused, who was recently arrested by police, is currently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far