SC judge bats for nurses
New Delhi: Supreme Court judge Justice P Sathasivam underlined the need for imparting technological training to nurses to help them serve patients in a better and effective manner.
Addressing nurses on the eve of the International Nurses Day, to mark the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale at the Constitution Club, Justice Sathasivam said both the Government and the NGOs should take adequate steps to address the problems faced by the nursing community.
Justice PV Reddy (retd) Chairperson Law Commission of India called for setting up a committee to look into the grievances of nurses in India.
Nurses, who gathered at the function from all over India, expressed gratitude to the Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court for their recent orders to the Government to take action against hospitals treating them as bonded labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog