SC judge bats for nurses
New Delhi: Supreme Court judge Justice P Sathasivam underlined the need for imparting technological training to nurses to help them serve patients in a better and effective manner.
Addressing nurses on the eve of the International Nurses Day, to mark the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale at the Constitution Club, Justice Sathasivam said both the Government and the NGOs should take adequate steps to address the problems faced by the nursing community.
Justice PV Reddy (retd) Chairperson Law Commission of India called for setting up a committee to look into the grievances of nurses in India.
Nurses, who gathered at the function from all over India, expressed gratitude to the Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court for their recent orders to the Government to take action against hospitals treating them as bonded labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire