SC judge bats for nurses
New Delhi: Supreme Court judge Justice P Sathasivam underlined the need for imparting technological training to nurses to help them serve patients in a better and effective manner.
Addressing nurses on the eve of the International Nurses Day, to mark the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale at the Constitution Club, Justice Sathasivam said both the Government and the NGOs should take adequate steps to address the problems faced by the nursing community.
Justice PV Reddy (retd) Chairperson Law Commission of India called for setting up a committee to look into the grievances of nurses in India.
Nurses, who gathered at the function from all over India, expressed gratitude to the Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court for their recent orders to the Government to take action against hospitals treating them as bonded labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf
- Real Madrid eye Moussa Sissoko as plan B if Paul Pogba pursuit fails: Reports
- Weight loss surgeries can increase risk of fractures: Study
- Lodha effect: Services, Railways to lose voting rights in AIFF