SC judge bats for nurses
New Delhi: Supreme Court judge Justice P Sathasivam underlined the need for imparting technological training to nurses to help them serve patients in a better and effective manner.
Addressing nurses on the eve of the International Nurses Day, to mark the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale at the Constitution Club, Justice Sathasivam said both the Government and the NGOs should take adequate steps to address the problems faced by the nursing community.
Justice PV Reddy (retd) Chairperson Law Commission of India called for setting up a committee to look into the grievances of nurses in India.
Nurses, who gathered at the function from all over India, expressed gratitude to the Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court for their recent orders to the Government to take action against hospitals treating them as bonded labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical