Sixth arrest in Narela robbing incident
New Delhi: Police on Sunday arrested the sixth person allegedly involved in robbing a businessman of Rs 17.50 lakh and forcibly clicking objectionable pictures of him to blackmail him.
The arrested has been identified as Pradeep, 34, who along with other five accused including a woman and a minor, allegedly waylaid a businessman in Narela on September one after one of them posing as policeman forced him to stop his vehicle for checking and robbed him of money after forcibly taking him to a building.
"We have arrested Pradeep who was absconding. We have recovered Rs 3.5 lakh and a .315 bore countrymade pistol from him," B S Jaiswal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer), said.
He was apprehended when he came in a car to meet his family members in Pooth locality in Outer Delhi.
Police had last month arrested Ramesh Dahiya (35), a farmer, Amit (21), a wrestler, Pawan (20), a state level boxer and Lalita, a 20-year-old housewife.
A minor, a Class X student who is also a wrestler, was also detained in connection with the case.
After waylaying the businessman, the gang had taken him to a secluded place where they forcibly took photographs of him with a woman in a compromising position and later abandoned him on road. He approached police later.
The gang allegedly demanded Rs four lakh from Singh on September 14 threatening that they will make public his objectionable pictures if he does not pay.
"On September 15, a raiding party went to Auchandi Border with phony currency of Rs four lakh. At around 10:30 pm, an SUV approached the complainant and snatched the cash bag and fled. Another car was following the SUV.
"Both the vehicles were intercepted by police after a chase. Dahiya, Amit Pawan and the teenager were apprehended. Their interrogation led to the arrest of Lalita," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!