SP leader Yashvir Yadav shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: In a shocking incident, a Samajwadi Party leader was killed by unidentified men in broad daylight in Ghaziabad on Monday.
SP leader Yashvir Yadav was shot dead by eight men who barged into his home in Kavi Nagar locality and fired at him; his security guard was also injured, reports said.
The assailants also made away with Yadav’s pistol and rifle. As per reports, Yadav had given in writing to the police that he feared for his life after he had altercation with some men with criminal background.
The Ghaziabad police have registered a case and have initiated a search for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre