Sudden downpour catches Delhi off guard
New Delhi: Strong winds and rain Tuesday afternoon caught Delhi residents off guard after days of pleasant sunny weather. The met office has forecast more rains in the evening.
"The rains are due to a low pressure system that came from west Rajasthan. The rains will continue till tonight (Tuesday night)," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Tuesday`s minimum temperature was average for the season at 17.4 degrees Celsius and the humidity at 8.30 am was 75 percent.
Monday was clear and pleasant, with the maximum temperature average for this time of the year at 31.3 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was two notches below average at 16.7 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him