Sudden downpour catches Delhi off guard
New Delhi: Strong winds and rain Tuesday afternoon caught Delhi residents off guard after days of pleasant sunny weather. The met office has forecast more rains in the evening.
"The rains are due to a low pressure system that came from west Rajasthan. The rains will continue till tonight (Tuesday night)," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Tuesday`s minimum temperature was average for the season at 17.4 degrees Celsius and the humidity at 8.30 am was 75 percent.
Monday was clear and pleasant, with the maximum temperature average for this time of the year at 31.3 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was two notches below average at 16.7 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal