Sudden downpour catches Delhi off guard
New Delhi: Strong winds and rain Tuesday afternoon caught Delhi residents off guard after days of pleasant sunny weather. The met office has forecast more rains in the evening.
"The rains are due to a low pressure system that came from west Rajasthan. The rains will continue till tonight (Tuesday night)," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Tuesday`s minimum temperature was average for the season at 17.4 degrees Celsius and the humidity at 8.30 am was 75 percent.
Monday was clear and pleasant, with the maximum temperature average for this time of the year at 31.3 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was two notches below average at 16.7 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus