Three cars catch fire in separate cases in Delhi
New Delhi: Three cars on Monday caught fire in two separate incidents in the national capital, police and fire officials said.
A Chevrolet Optra belonging to one PN Mishra caught fire near Ram Charan Aggarwal Chowk as he was on his way to the Karkardooma court.
"The incident took place at around 3:30 P.M. The car was being driven by his driver while Mishra was on the back seat. The engine suddenly caught fire but both the occupants of the car managed to escape unhurt," said a police official.
Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the flame was doused within 15 minutes. The car was burnt partially in the incident, said a fire official.
Two cars were burnt in the second incident which took place around noon in West Delhi`s Nangloi area. A Skoda Fabia and i20 car caught fire after a jhuggi close to which they were parked went up in flames.
No casualties were reported in the incident, police said, adding that the engine of neither car got ignited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen