Three cars catch fire in separate cases in Delhi
New Delhi: Three cars on Monday caught fire in two separate incidents in the national capital, police and fire officials said.
A Chevrolet Optra belonging to one PN Mishra caught fire near Ram Charan Aggarwal Chowk as he was on his way to the Karkardooma court.
"The incident took place at around 3:30 P.M. The car was being driven by his driver while Mishra was on the back seat. The engine suddenly caught fire but both the occupants of the car managed to escape unhurt," said a police official.
Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the flame was doused within 15 minutes. The car was burnt partially in the incident, said a fire official.
Two cars were burnt in the second incident which took place around noon in West Delhi`s Nangloi area. A Skoda Fabia and i20 car caught fire after a jhuggi close to which they were parked went up in flames.
No casualties were reported in the incident, police said, adding that the engine of neither car got ignited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi