Three women bag lifters held from IGI
New Delhi: Three women have been apprehended from the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here for allegedly stealing handbags of female air fliers.
Bosia (65), Saroja (55) and Rohini (25) were handed over to Delhi police today after the CISF nabbed them after tracking their suspicious activities for few days.
"When information of the theft of the bags of the female passengers came to CISF, CCTV footage was thoroughly viewed and after repeated observation of footage, it appeared that female bag lifters stole the bags during rush hours outside Terminal-3.
"These female bag lifters were identified and their photographs provided to CISF surveillance team to nab them. Yesterday at about 2300 hrs CISF surveillance team observed that those female bag lifters were present outside Terminal 1-D," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said.
It was confirmed through CCTV footage that they were the same female bag lifters who were seen in the CCTV footage in connection with two of the bag lifting cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble