Three women bag lifters held from IGI
New Delhi: Three women have been apprehended from the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here for allegedly stealing handbags of female air fliers.
Bosia (65), Saroja (55) and Rohini (25) were handed over to Delhi police today after the CISF nabbed them after tracking their suspicious activities for few days.
"When information of the theft of the bags of the female passengers came to CISF, CCTV footage was thoroughly viewed and after repeated observation of footage, it appeared that female bag lifters stole the bags during rush hours outside Terminal-3.
"These female bag lifters were identified and their photographs provided to CISF surveillance team to nab them. Yesterday at about 2300 hrs CISF surveillance team observed that those female bag lifters were present outside Terminal 1-D," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said.
It was confirmed through CCTV footage that they were the same female bag lifters who were seen in the CCTV footage in connection with two of the bag lifting cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday