Three women bag lifters held from IGI
New Delhi: Three women have been apprehended from the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here for allegedly stealing handbags of female air fliers.
Bosia (65), Saroja (55) and Rohini (25) were handed over to Delhi police today after the CISF nabbed them after tracking their suspicious activities for few days.
"When information of the theft of the bags of the female passengers came to CISF, CCTV footage was thoroughly viewed and after repeated observation of footage, it appeared that female bag lifters stole the bags during rush hours outside Terminal-3.
"These female bag lifters were identified and their photographs provided to CISF surveillance team to nab them. Yesterday at about 2300 hrs CISF surveillance team observed that those female bag lifters were present outside Terminal 1-D," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said.
It was confirmed through CCTV footage that they were the same female bag lifters who were seen in the CCTV footage in connection with two of the bag lifting cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites