Three women bag lifters held from IGI
New Delhi: Three women have been apprehended from the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here for allegedly stealing handbags of female air fliers.
Bosia (65), Saroja (55) and Rohini (25) were handed over to Delhi police today after the CISF nabbed them after tracking their suspicious activities for few days.
"When information of the theft of the bags of the female passengers came to CISF, CCTV footage was thoroughly viewed and after repeated observation of footage, it appeared that female bag lifters stole the bags during rush hours outside Terminal-3.
"These female bag lifters were identified and their photographs provided to CISF surveillance team to nab them. Yesterday at about 2300 hrs CISF surveillance team observed that those female bag lifters were present outside Terminal 1-D," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said.
It was confirmed through CCTV footage that they were the same female bag lifters who were seen in the CCTV footage in connection with two of the bag lifting cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!