Three year course better for DU students: BJP
BJP spokesperson Nalin Kohli said on Tuesday that the ongoing FYUP tussle between the Delhi University (DU) and the UGC seems to be because of lack of applications and absence of stakeholders` involvement.
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) spokesperson Nalin Kohli said on Tuesday that the ongoing Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) tussle between the Delhi University (DU) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) seems to be because of lack of applications and absence of stakeholders` involvement.
"We have been continuously opposing the four year course because I think the three year course is something that serves the university students better. I hope UGC and DU solve the issue soon so that the admissions can take place smoothly and the interest of the students are met," Kohli told ANI.
"DU situation needs clarity soon because the students shouldn`t suffer. With regard to FYUP there have been controversies since its inception across the political spectrum, student bodies, students themselves and also among the teaching faculty. There seem to have been a lack of application or there seem to have not been involvement of the stakeholders and that is why we are in this issue," Kohli added.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) had on Sunday issued a directive to DU asking it to scrap the FYUP.
The order fuelled criticism from some quarters that the UGC was trying to overstep boundaries.
DU students as well as aspiring students have been facing a lot of difficulties due to ongoing tiff between the UGC and the university over the FYUP.
Some academicians are even planning to go on a hunger strike today against the UGC although the HRD Ministry has so far refused to comment on the issue.