TMC continues to target Trivedi for fare hike
New Delhi: Two months after Dinesh Trivedi was removed as Railway Minister, Trinamool Congress continued to target him for hiking passenger fares and advised his successor Mukul Roy on Thursday to follow the policies of Mamata Banerjee in running the organisation.
Trivedi was removed from the Railway Ministry a few days after he presented the Rail Budget in which he hiked the passenger fares.
"Between 2009 and May 2011 under Mamata Banerjee, the Railways came up with a very time bound vision document 2020. My suggestion to the Railway Minister would be to stay focussed on it so that this brilliant organisation can continue to be the lifeline of the country," O`Brien said during a discussion on Appropriation (Railways) Bill, 2012.
In his speech, O`Brien took a dig at Trivedi, saying safety issues in the organisation "cannot be addressed by hiking passenger fares".
On Railways` efforts to raise Rs 1.26 lakh crore through commercial use of its land, he said, "My fear is that this initiative of using and unlocking resources does not slowdown or meet the blocking from other Ministries because it will be a serious setback to the organisation."
On the slow working of Railways internet site, O`Brien said more than 50 per cent of reservations were made using it but its slow operation was a cause of "anger and pain" for users.
He suggested that Railways have a specialist organisation CRIS, which could handle the operations of the website and a little investment was required for improving its performance.
O`Brien suggested the Railways to adopt and implement innovative methods to earn revenue and turn around the fortunes of the largest employer in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'