Two men awarded 10 years jail for gang-raping hand
New Delhi: Two men have been sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment by a Delhi court for gang-raping a handicapped girl after kidnapping her here three years ago.
The special fast track court, constituted to try cases of sexual offence against women, held Delhi residents Sunil and Sanjeev Kumar guilty of gang-raping a 21-year-old girl relying on the testimony of the victim who had said that on January 25, 2010, when she had gone out of her house both of them had kidnapped and raped her.
"The testimony of the prosecutrix on perusal and analysis is found to be clear, natural, cogent, convincing, trustworthy and inspires confidence. Inspite of incisive cross-examination, nothing material has been brought out on the record so as to impeach her creditworthiness.
"In the witness box, she (victim) withstood the test of cross-examination and her testimony is consistent throughout. The version of this witness on the core spectrum of the crime has remained intact," Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Mahesh Chander Gupta said and also imposed a fine of Rs 16,000 each convict.
According to the prosecution, on January 25, 2010, when the girl had gone out of her house at Prahlad Vihar here, one of the accused gagged her mouth and took her to a nearby room.
The room was bolted by the third accused, a juvenile, from outside while the girl was gang-raped by Sanjeev, 23, and Sunil, 31, the police said, adding when the girl raised an alarm, her relatives opened the door and rescued her.
During the trial, Sanjeev and Sunil claimed they have been falsely implicated in the case. The juvenile, who was also arrested in the case, is facing a trial before the Juvenile Justice Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan