Two men awarded 10 years jail for gang-raping hand
New Delhi: Two men have been sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment by a Delhi court for gang-raping a handicapped girl after kidnapping her here three years ago.
The special fast track court, constituted to try cases of sexual offence against women, held Delhi residents Sunil and Sanjeev Kumar guilty of gang-raping a 21-year-old girl relying on the testimony of the victim who had said that on January 25, 2010, when she had gone out of her house both of them had kidnapped and raped her.
"The testimony of the prosecutrix on perusal and analysis is found to be clear, natural, cogent, convincing, trustworthy and inspires confidence. Inspite of incisive cross-examination, nothing material has been brought out on the record so as to impeach her creditworthiness.
"In the witness box, she (victim) withstood the test of cross-examination and her testimony is consistent throughout. The version of this witness on the core spectrum of the crime has remained intact," Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Mahesh Chander Gupta said and also imposed a fine of Rs 16,000 each convict.
According to the prosecution, on January 25, 2010, when the girl had gone out of her house at Prahlad Vihar here, one of the accused gagged her mouth and took her to a nearby room.
The room was bolted by the third accused, a juvenile, from outside while the girl was gang-raped by Sanjeev, 23, and Sunil, 31, the police said, adding when the girl raised an alarm, her relatives opened the door and rescued her.
During the trial, Sanjeev and Sunil claimed they have been falsely implicated in the case. The juvenile, who was also arrested in the case, is facing a trial before the Juvenile Justice Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das