Two men on hunger strike demanding justice for Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: The two men, who are on a hunger strike, braving cold in New Delhi, continued to demand capital punishment for the accused in the Delhi gang rape case and a swift trial in all cases of sexual assault on women.
Rajesh Gangwar from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh began his fast 10 days ago on a road near a make-shift memorial of the victim.
Babu Singh, from Farrukhabad in Uttar Pradesh, is on day five of his fast and are only relying on a liquid diet for over a week.
Speaking to media persons, Gangwar today said that the government must take steps to ensure that the verdict in such cases is delivered at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video