Two more arrested in Jaitley call detail case
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday made two more arrests in the call detail case of BJP leader Arun Jaitley.
The police had already arrested a man called Neeraj, who reportedly works for a private detective firm and a Delhi Police constable, Arvind Dabas in this case. Both of them had allegedly tried to track phone conversations of the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.
Delhi Police submitted their report in this case to the Ministry of Home Affairs on Monday. They also told a court that there was a "higher level of conspiracy" behind the issue and it may involve the country`s security.
The police also said it is looking into why the accused arrested in the case were drawing the call details of various political leaders.
"The investigation so far has revealed a higher level of conspiracy. It may involve security of India," it told Metropolitan Magistrate Aparna Swamy who extended by two days the police remand of constable Arvind Dabas.
"The entire conspiracy has to be unearthed. We have to find out what was the motive behind the actions of the accused.
"We need to find out why they were drawing Call Detail Records of various political leaders and how far the accused persons are connected," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan