Two youth sent to Tihar for raping minor friend
New Delhi: A Delhi court has extended by two weeks the judicial custody of a youth and his cousin, arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl, after befriending her on a social networking site.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler sent Naveen Singh and Rajesh Singh, arrested on the night of December 31, 2012 by the Delhi police, to Tihar jail under judicial custody till January 30.
"The accused are remanded in 14 days of judicial custody. Accused be produced on January 30," the court said, after they were produced before it.
The police in its FIR alleged that the girl was lured into a relationship by the two cousins, who initially got physically involved with her and then mentally tortured her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her as a prostitute.
The girl had said that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice, the FIR said.
The two, MNC employees and resident of Sarojini Nagar in South Delhi have been booked under Sections 376 (rape), 509 (making gestures with an intent to insult a woman), 34 (common intention) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The victim, a class XII student, had said in the FIR that she had met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen had introduced her to Rajesh.
"Rajesh used to call me every day, but we met only once in a fortnight. Then he suddenly called off the friendship in March 2012, after which I used to remain very depressed," the complainant said. The girl had alleged in the FIR that taking advantage of her vulnerability, Naveen proposed to her and on July 24, 2012 he raped her at his friend`s place by offering her a drink laced with sedatives.
She had alleged that Naveen later broke up with her in September, after which Rajesh took advantage of her and raped her.
She had also alleged in the FIR that after she informed Naveen about her meeting with Rajesh, he questioned her character and made her feel guilty about getting sexually involved with his cousin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi