Two youth sent to Tihar for raping minor friend
New Delhi: A Delhi court has extended by two weeks the judicial custody of a youth and his cousin, arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl, after befriending her on a social networking site.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler sent Naveen Singh and Rajesh Singh, arrested on the night of December 31, 2012 by the Delhi police, to Tihar jail under judicial custody till January 30.
"The accused are remanded in 14 days of judicial custody. Accused be produced on January 30," the court said, after they were produced before it.
The police in its FIR alleged that the girl was lured into a relationship by the two cousins, who initially got physically involved with her and then mentally tortured her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her as a prostitute.
The girl had said that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice, the FIR said.
The two, MNC employees and resident of Sarojini Nagar in South Delhi have been booked under Sections 376 (rape), 509 (making gestures with an intent to insult a woman), 34 (common intention) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The victim, a class XII student, had said in the FIR that she had met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen had introduced her to Rajesh.
"Rajesh used to call me every day, but we met only once in a fortnight. Then he suddenly called off the friendship in March 2012, after which I used to remain very depressed," the complainant said. The girl had alleged in the FIR that taking advantage of her vulnerability, Naveen proposed to her and on July 24, 2012 he raped her at his friend`s place by offering her a drink laced with sedatives.
She had alleged that Naveen later broke up with her in September, after which Rajesh took advantage of her and raped her.
She had also alleged in the FIR that after she informed Naveen about her meeting with Rajesh, he questioned her character and made her feel guilty about getting sexually involved with his cousin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?