Woman, baby killed by in-laws over dowry demand
New Delhi: A mother of a three-month-old baby was allegedly pushed to death by her husband and in-laws from a building in the Walled City over dowry, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Farzana was pushed from the building the family lives in Lahori Gate in the walled city area last night, the deceased`s sister Tahira alleged in her complaint to police.
She also alleged that her sister was being tortured by her in-laws and husbands demanding dowry so that they can buy a flat.
After investigation, police arrested her husband Javed (28) and her in-laws - Khursid (55) and Hamida (50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli