Woman, baby killed by in-laws over dowry demand
New Delhi: A mother of a three-month-old baby was allegedly pushed to death by her husband and in-laws from a building in the Walled City over dowry, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Farzana was pushed from the building the family lives in Lahori Gate in the walled city area last night, the deceased`s sister Tahira alleged in her complaint to police.
She also alleged that her sister was being tortured by her in-laws and husbands demanding dowry so that they can buy a flat.
After investigation, police arrested her husband Javed (28) and her in-laws - Khursid (55) and Hamida (50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport