Woman, baby killed by in-laws over dowry demand
New Delhi: A mother of a three-month-old baby was allegedly pushed to death by her husband and in-laws from a building in the Walled City over dowry, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Farzana was pushed from the building the family lives in Lahori Gate in the walled city area last night, the deceased`s sister Tahira alleged in her complaint to police.
She also alleged that her sister was being tortured by her in-laws and husbands demanding dowry so that they can buy a flat.
After investigation, police arrested her husband Javed (28) and her in-laws - Khursid (55) and Hamida (50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok