Woman, baby killed by in-laws over dowry demand
New Delhi: A mother of a three-month-old baby was allegedly pushed to death by her husband and in-laws from a building in the Walled City over dowry, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Farzana was pushed from the building the family lives in Lahori Gate in the walled city area last night, the deceased`s sister Tahira alleged in her complaint to police.
She also alleged that her sister was being tortured by her in-laws and husbands demanding dowry so that they can buy a flat.
After investigation, police arrested her husband Javed (28) and her in-laws - Khursid (55) and Hamida (50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai