Woman, baby killed by in-laws over dowry demand
New Delhi: A mother of a three-month-old baby was allegedly pushed to death by her husband and in-laws from a building in the Walled City over dowry, police said on Sunday.
The woman identified as Farzana was pushed from the building the family lives in Lahori Gate in the walled city area last night, the deceased`s sister Tahira alleged in her complaint to police.
She also alleged that her sister was being tortured by her in-laws and husbands demanding dowry so that they can buy a flat.
After investigation, police arrested her husband Javed (28) and her in-laws - Khursid (55) and Hamida (50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says