Woman gang-raped, dumped in Delhi
New Delhi: In yet another shocking incident, a 42-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by three people on Wednesday night.
The woman was sedated and allegedly raped in Uttar Pradesh who then dumped her in south-east Delhi, police said.
It is learnt that the police registered a case last night after a medical examination of the victim. However, the three accused have yet to be arrested.
Police claimed that the woman, who hails from Jaipur, was raped somewhere in Vrindavan and dumped in south-east Delhi`s Kalkaji area last night. It is alleged that one of the accused was an acquaintance.
The incident came to light around 9.15 pm when a passerby saw the woman lying on a road and called the police. The victim had gone to Vrindavan on December 22 and was returning home yesterday.
She met a man named Dilip Verma there and he accompanied her in a car to her hometown. On the way, Verma`s two friends joined them.
"She told us that she was gagged, sedated and raped by the trio. They took turns to rape her. A medical examination has confirmed rape," a senior police official said.
Police said she was conscious and taken to AIIMS where she is undergoing treatment.
A case of gang-rape under Section 376(G) has been registered.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said Verma was picked up from Agra and he is being brought to Delhi for interrogation. He claimed that he knows the victim for five years.
Three teams have been formed and are raiding several places to catch the other two accused.
A senior police official said it is claimed that the woman had earlier tried to get a rape case registered in Agra but after investigations, police did not file any case as they found the allegations to be false.
The horrific incident came to light at a time when the national capital is witnessing a huge uproar over the gang-rape and brutal torture of a 23-year-old girl, who is presently battling for her life in a Singapore hospital.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray