Woman gang-raped, dumped in Delhi
New Delhi: In yet another shocking incident, a 42-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by three people on Wednesday night.
The woman was sedated and allegedly raped in Uttar Pradesh who then dumped her in south-east Delhi, police said.
It is learnt that the police registered a case last night after a medical examination of the victim. However, the three accused have yet to be arrested.
Police claimed that the woman, who hails from Jaipur, was raped somewhere in Vrindavan and dumped in south-east Delhi`s Kalkaji area last night. It is alleged that one of the accused was an acquaintance.
The incident came to light around 9.15 pm when a passerby saw the woman lying on a road and called the police. The victim had gone to Vrindavan on December 22 and was returning home yesterday.
She met a man named Dilip Verma there and he accompanied her in a car to her hometown. On the way, Verma`s two friends joined them.
"She told us that she was gagged, sedated and raped by the trio. They took turns to rape her. A medical examination has confirmed rape," a senior police official said.
Police said she was conscious and taken to AIIMS where she is undergoing treatment.
A case of gang-rape under Section 376(G) has been registered.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said Verma was picked up from Agra and he is being brought to Delhi for interrogation. He claimed that he knows the victim for five years.
Three teams have been formed and are raiding several places to catch the other two accused.
A senior police official said it is claimed that the woman had earlier tried to get a rape case registered in Agra but after investigations, police did not file any case as they found the allegations to be false.
The horrific incident came to light at a time when the national capital is witnessing a huge uproar over the gang-rape and brutal torture of a 23-year-old girl, who is presently battling for her life in a Singapore hospital.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry