Woman gang-raped in Delhi, four arrested
New Delhi: A 23-year-old married woman was allegedly gang-raped by four people here last week, said police Monday. All the four accused have been arrested.
The incident was reported from west Delhi`s Shahabad Dairy around 6.45 pm Feb 11.
All the accused - including Pawan, Bhil, Praveen and an unidentified person - were arrested from Haryana`s Sonepat as they had left the city after sexually attacking the woman.
The victim, living in Delhi`s Ranjit Nagar, had gone to collect some money from Pawan, who was known to her, in the Shahabad Dairy area where he had called her.
"Pawan was present in a car with Praveen, Bhil and another man when the victim went to meet him. They took her to an isolated place where she was gang raped," said a police officer.
"The accused men dumped the woman in the same area after committing the crime and fled after threatening her with dire consequences if she reported the crime. She then called her husband and police," added the officer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference