Woman gang-raped in Delhi, four arrested
New Delhi: A 23-year-old married woman was allegedly gang-raped by four people here last week, said police Monday. All the four accused have been arrested.
The incident was reported from west Delhi`s Shahabad Dairy around 6.45 pm Feb 11.
All the accused - including Pawan, Bhil, Praveen and an unidentified person - were arrested from Haryana`s Sonepat as they had left the city after sexually attacking the woman.
The victim, living in Delhi`s Ranjit Nagar, had gone to collect some money from Pawan, who was known to her, in the Shahabad Dairy area where he had called her.
"Pawan was present in a car with Praveen, Bhil and another man when the victim went to meet him. They took her to an isolated place where she was gang raped," said a police officer.
"The accused men dumped the woman in the same area after committing the crime and fled after threatening her with dire consequences if she reported the crime. She then called her husband and police," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"