Woman gives birth to baby in Delhi Metro train
New Delhi: Delhi Metro - the city’s symbol of modernism - witnessed the birth of a baby girl on Sunday when her mother travelling in the train developed labour pains.
Juli Devi, a 27-year-old woman from Faridabad on the outskirts of the national capital, was travelling in a Metro train to Central Secretariat station when she developed labour pain.
Juli gave birth to the baby girl at 7.28 AM when the train was approaching the Central Secretariat Metro station as she and her husband were on their way to Safdarjung hospital to get her admitted there.
Delhi Metro spokesman Anuj Dayal said that both the mother and the new-born were immediately rushed to the nearby Ram Manohar Lohia hospital by the Metro authorities who arranged an ambulance and took care of all the other necessary formalities at the hospital.
He also said Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh has announced that the medical expenses of the family incurred at the hospital will be taken care of by the organisation.
Initially, the non availability of nursery for the baby was a cause for concern at the hospital. However, the Metro staff immediately contacted the hospital authorities and sought their cooperation in admitting the baby.
"The hospital authorities also went out of their way to provide all the required support", Dayal said, adding, both the baby and mother were in good health.
Two Station Manager level women employees of DMRC have been deputed at the hospital since morning to take care of them as initially there was no woman family member to attend to the mother and the baby.
DMRC has tie-ups with ambulance services across the city as part of which they provide ambulance to the commuters in case of any emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read