Woman gives birth to baby in Delhi Metro train
New Delhi: Delhi Metro - the city’s symbol of modernism - witnessed the birth of a baby girl on Sunday when her mother travelling in the train developed labour pains.
Juli Devi, a 27-year-old woman from Faridabad on the outskirts of the national capital, was travelling in a Metro train to Central Secretariat station when she developed labour pain.
Juli gave birth to the baby girl at 7.28 AM when the train was approaching the Central Secretariat Metro station as she and her husband were on their way to Safdarjung hospital to get her admitted there.
Delhi Metro spokesman Anuj Dayal said that both the mother and the new-born were immediately rushed to the nearby Ram Manohar Lohia hospital by the Metro authorities who arranged an ambulance and took care of all the other necessary formalities at the hospital.
He also said Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh has announced that the medical expenses of the family incurred at the hospital will be taken care of by the organisation.
Initially, the non availability of nursery for the baby was a cause for concern at the hospital. However, the Metro staff immediately contacted the hospital authorities and sought their cooperation in admitting the baby.
"The hospital authorities also went out of their way to provide all the required support", Dayal said, adding, both the baby and mother were in good health.
Two Station Manager level women employees of DMRC have been deputed at the hospital since morning to take care of them as initially there was no woman family member to attend to the mother and the baby.
DMRC has tie-ups with ambulance services across the city as part of which they provide ambulance to the commuters in case of any emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO