Yashkar death case: Post mortem report out
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday received the post mortem report of Ministry of Defence (MoD) official Yashkar Sinha, who was found dead along with his wife Archana Sharma in his residence last week.
Lending credibility to the initial observation made by the Delhi Police, the post-mortem report rules out any external or internal injury on Yashkar Sinha`s body.
As per the reports, the 42-year-old MoD official died of suffocation due to serious burns, which was also confirmed in the forensic report submitted by the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) earlier.
The FSL report also mentioned the presence of synthetic cloth pieces on Yashkar’s body.
It also stated that no inflammable substance was found at the duo’s residence.
Yashkar was Deputy Director at the Ministry`s Directorate General of Medical Services and his 34-year-old wife was a trained classical dancer.
The two were found dead in their official flat in Hudco Place in Defence Colony on Friday last weeek.
The incident was reported to police by neighbours when they saw smoke coming out from the couple’s flat.
Initial reports suggested that Yashkar first strangulated his wife and then immolated himself. But, a note found at the house later indicated something fishy in the case.
According to Delhi Police, Yashkar had mentioned in the hand-written note wrapped in a `green envelope` the names of two Army officers who were allegedly `behind the work pressure`.
The investigators later summoned the two suspected officials of Defence Ministry for questioning in the case.
The relatives of Yashkar have been maintaining that the couple was happily married and they enjoyed healthy relationship.
The couple was married for seven years and had no children.
The relatives of the deceased couple alleged that there could be a conspiracy behind the deaths.
According to Pushkar Sinha, brother of slain defence ministry official, Yashkar went to meet him in Lucknow last week and discussed the enormous work pressure on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India