Yashkar death case: Post mortem report out
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday received the post mortem report of Ministry of Defence (MoD) official Yashkar Sinha, who was found dead along with his wife Archana Sharma in his residence last week.
Lending credibility to the initial observation made by the Delhi Police, the post-mortem report rules out any external or internal injury on Yashkar Sinha`s body.
As per the reports, the 42-year-old MoD official died of suffocation due to serious burns, which was also confirmed in the forensic report submitted by the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) earlier.
The FSL report also mentioned the presence of synthetic cloth pieces on Yashkar’s body.
It also stated that no inflammable substance was found at the duo’s residence.
Yashkar was Deputy Director at the Ministry`s Directorate General of Medical Services and his 34-year-old wife was a trained classical dancer.
The two were found dead in their official flat in Hudco Place in Defence Colony on Friday last weeek.
The incident was reported to police by neighbours when they saw smoke coming out from the couple’s flat.
Initial reports suggested that Yashkar first strangulated his wife and then immolated himself. But, a note found at the house later indicated something fishy in the case.
According to Delhi Police, Yashkar had mentioned in the hand-written note wrapped in a `green envelope` the names of two Army officers who were allegedly `behind the work pressure`.
The investigators later summoned the two suspected officials of Defence Ministry for questioning in the case.
The relatives of Yashkar have been maintaining that the couple was happily married and they enjoyed healthy relationship.
The couple was married for seven years and had no children.
The relatives of the deceased couple alleged that there could be a conspiracy behind the deaths.
According to Pushkar Sinha, brother of slain defence ministry official, Yashkar went to meet him in Lucknow last week and discussed the enormous work pressure on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?