Youth gets life term jail for killing money-lender
New Delhi: A 27-year-old youth has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for killing a money lender to avoid paying him back a loan of Rs 15,000 he had taken from him.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg convicted city resident Rajeev Kumar on the basis of circumstantial evidence that victim Arun Kumar, a professional money lender was last seen with him on September 9, 2010.
"In view of aforesaid reasons and the following chain of circumstances stands established against accused (Kumar) which unerringly point towards him that it was only he, who has committed this crime," the court said.
As per prosecution case, Arun Kumar used to lend money on interest and Kumar had taken some loan from him and committed his murder to avoid paying it back to him.
The victim`s body was recovered from Maharana Pratap Park in East Delhi on September 9, 2010.
The accused had denied the entire evidence against him and took the defence of false implication stating that he has no connection with deceased in any manner.
"No money was ever taken by him from the deceased at any point of time. He and his family were not on visiting terms with the deceased`s family and there was no enmity between them," the counsel for Kumar had contended.
Brushing aside Kumar`s counsel submission, the court said the evidence of witnesses, who had seen the victim with the accused on the day of the incident, recovery of his blood-stained clothes at his instance, recovery of motorcycle on which he was seen riding with the victim proves his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption