Youth gets life term jail for killing money-lender
New Delhi: A 27-year-old youth has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for killing a money lender to avoid paying him back a loan of Rs 15,000 he had taken from him.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg convicted city resident Rajeev Kumar on the basis of circumstantial evidence that victim Arun Kumar, a professional money lender was last seen with him on September 9, 2010.
"In view of aforesaid reasons and the following chain of circumstances stands established against accused (Kumar) which unerringly point towards him that it was only he, who has committed this crime," the court said.
As per prosecution case, Arun Kumar used to lend money on interest and Kumar had taken some loan from him and committed his murder to avoid paying it back to him.
The victim`s body was recovered from Maharana Pratap Park in East Delhi on September 9, 2010.
The accused had denied the entire evidence against him and took the defence of false implication stating that he has no connection with deceased in any manner.
"No money was ever taken by him from the deceased at any point of time. He and his family were not on visiting terms with the deceased`s family and there was no enmity between them," the counsel for Kumar had contended.
Brushing aside Kumar`s counsel submission, the court said the evidence of witnesses, who had seen the victim with the accused on the day of the incident, recovery of his blood-stained clothes at his instance, recovery of motorcycle on which he was seen riding with the victim proves his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown