Youth gets life term jail for killing money-lender
New Delhi: A 27-year-old youth has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for killing a money lender to avoid paying him back a loan of Rs 15,000 he had taken from him.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg convicted city resident Rajeev Kumar on the basis of circumstantial evidence that victim Arun Kumar, a professional money lender was last seen with him on September 9, 2010.
"In view of aforesaid reasons and the following chain of circumstances stands established against accused (Kumar) which unerringly point towards him that it was only he, who has committed this crime," the court said.
As per prosecution case, Arun Kumar used to lend money on interest and Kumar had taken some loan from him and committed his murder to avoid paying it back to him.
The victim`s body was recovered from Maharana Pratap Park in East Delhi on September 9, 2010.
The accused had denied the entire evidence against him and took the defence of false implication stating that he has no connection with deceased in any manner.
"No money was ever taken by him from the deceased at any point of time. He and his family were not on visiting terms with the deceased`s family and there was no enmity between them," the counsel for Kumar had contended.
Brushing aside Kumar`s counsel submission, the court said the evidence of witnesses, who had seen the victim with the accused on the day of the incident, recovery of his blood-stained clothes at his instance, recovery of motorcycle on which he was seen riding with the victim proves his guilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy