26 tiger deaths in Maharashtra in last six years
Mumbai: As many as 26 tigers died due to various reasons in the last six years in Maharashtra.
As per the 2011 census, there are 169 tigers in the state.
Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam recently denied reports that as many as 99 tigers were missing.
State has also set up a special Tiger Protection Force and Tiger Conservation Foundation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state