26 tiger deaths in Maharashtra in last six years
Mumbai: As many as 26 tigers died due to various reasons in the last six years in Maharashtra.
As per the 2011 census, there are 169 tigers in the state.
Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam recently denied reports that as many as 99 tigers were missing.
State has also set up a special Tiger Protection Force and Tiger Conservation Foundation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...