Buffer zone of Panna Tiger Reserve to be developed: Chouhan
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said the buffer zone of Panna Tiger Reserve will be developed soon and a notification in this regard will be issued after holding discussions with villagers to be relocated from there.
Notifications for buffer zones of Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Pench, Satpura and Sanjay Tiger Reserves have already been issued, Chavan said while addressing the state Wildlife Board here yesterday, according to official release issued here.
Congratulating staff of Panna National Park over successful tiger relocation, the chief minister directed to keep advance action plans ready for safety of tiger cubs.
There was no tiger at Panna in 2009 after which four tigresses and a tiger were translocated there. At present, there are five adult tigers and 14 cubs in the National Park, the release said.
Besides tiger, Madhya Pradesh has also rehabilitated 50 bisons in Bandhavgarh National Park, the release said.
Stating that compensation against loss of life and cattle in attack by wild animals has been increased, Chouhan said the process has been brought under the ambit of Public Service Delivery Guarantee Act to ensure speedy payment.
The government will give a compensation of Rs one lakh against loss of life due to wild animals, Rs 75,000 for permanent disability and Rs 20,000 for injury.
Chouhan said wildlife is "grandeur of the state" and fund crunch will not be allowed to come in way of its conservation.
It was informed at the meeting that the Central Zoo Authority and the Supreme Court have given permission for establishing a zoo and rescue centre at Mukundpur in Satna district and its construction will start soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in