Amit Shah, Arun Jaitley meet RSS leaders
New Delhi: A host of BJP leaders, including Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley on Monday met top RSS functionaries and held discussions even as the party turns to the formation of the next Union Cabinet.
The meeting comes after Modi went into a huddle with senior party leaders yesterday in a meeting where he is understood to have discussed the question of portfolios.
With Modi slated to take oath as prime minister any day after May 21, hectic parleys continued on the second day today over the contours of the BJP-led Cabinet. Shah`s meeting with RSS functionaries lasted nearly two hours.
Although most party leaders termed the meeting with RSS officials a "courtsey call" to thank them for their "role" in the elections, it is understood that the leaders discussed the strategy of the party in the coming days.
Newly-elected BJP MPs, including former Home Secretary RK Singh, Delhi MPs Udit Raj, Manoj Tiwari, senior UP leader Vinay Katiyar, party national spokesperson Prakash Javadekar, too, held meetings with senior RSS functionaries at the Sangh`s Delhi headquarters at Keshavpuram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users